The Holy Trinity Church (Agia Triada) is located in the area of “Kaboudi” at the upper entrance of the village. It is the second great temple of Agiasos. It was built in 1870 and is a true replica of the the Dormition of Virgin Mary and the other 18th century Basilicas of Lesvos. It has many remarkable images, some dating back to the 17th century.
On the facade of the narthex, there is an embossed marble with the bust of the founder of the temple that was Hadjioannis Skordas in 1872. The temple is a true replica of the other large church of Agiasos the Dormition of Virgin Mary.
When you are there, don’t miss the chance to take a picture of the bell tower of the church which is elegant and exquisite.
A great festival is held every year at the three-day festival of the Holy Spirit in Agiasos. Folk and traditional music groups of our island play until the morning in the cafes of Kampoudi and Stavri. On the eve, after the Vespers at the Holy Trinity Church, the custom of the flying lantern is done, which is repeated in the afternoon of the same day and it’s a marvelous sight to see.